March 28, 2022 | EOS Webinar: Metal 3D Printing: 10 Most Common Questions
Title: Metal 3D Printing: 10 Most Common Questions
Date: March 28, 2022, 10:00 AM – 11:00 PM CST
Is metal additive manufacturing (AM) ready for prime time? Innovators in aerospace and medical were early adopters, but with recent advancements in technology, 3D printing is poised to change how companies design and produce metal parts in many different industries.
AM offers several benefits over traditional manufacturing technologies. Because it relies on a digital workflow, it empowers engineers with new design freedom, helping them create parts that are lighter, stronger and more functional than before. AM also enables customization and offers a speed-to-market advantage other solutions can’t match. Metal 3D printing helps companies extend those benefits to a wider range of parts, which can drastically improve the overall quality and performance of their products.
In this new webinar, we will address some of the top questions related to metal 3D printing, including:
- What are the various methods for 3D printing metals?
- What materials are available and how do they perform?
- When does it make sense to use metal 3D printing instead of other manufacturing methods?
- What size parts can be printed, and what kind of quality can be achieved?
- Is it necessary to optimize a part’s design for AM?
- How does metal 3D printing help with lightweighting?
- What other tools and capabilities are essential to get from start to part?
|Dr. Ankit Saharan
Senior Manager, Metal Technology
EOS North America
Metal Application Engineer Specialist